The individual in this position is supervised by the Facilities Manager
This individual may supervise a helper.
- Performs the maintenance and repair of plumbing and gas systems.
- Repairs plumbing fixtures such as toilets, kitchen sinks, lavatories, shower stalls, dishwashers, laundry trays, washing machine connections, hot water tanks, slop sinks, floor drains, urinals, drinking fountains, area drains, water piping, backflow preventors, etc.
- Install and maintain pipes and fittings, valves, pressure gauges, circulation pumps, etc.
- Replace and repair piping to gas fixtures such as ranges, heating boilers, water heaters, dryers, etc.
- Diagnose repair and maintain gas residential and commercial appliances and HVAC
equipment, which includes but not limited to: hot air furnaces, forced hot water furnaces,
hot water boilers, hot water heaters, unit heaters, stoves, dryers, cook tops, etc.
6. Performs snow removal at the discretion of the Facilities Manager.
7. Performs other related duties of the class, as required.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, specifications, and plans for complete renovations.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of safety precautions and procedures used while working with plumbing.
- Skilled in the use of hand tools and test equipment.
- Ability to receive and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform effectively in cramped quarters and in high places.
- Knowledge of handling hazardous materials.
- Possess and maintain a valid Journeyman’s Plumbing License
- Knowledge of and Skilled in Installation and Service of Hydronic Heating.
- HVAC Certificate of Completion from a recognized training program.
Experience and Training
Training completed in an apprenticeship training program in plumbing, or graduation from a trade, regional vocational high or other school offering such curriculum, with considerable experience in plumbing/pipefitting/HVAC, at a journeyman level of performance. Good physical condition is a requisite.